Saturday, October 27, 2007

the obligatory still-lifes


I've always hated watercolors, kinda because it's hard and you can't mess up but mostly because I suck at it. I took a class once in 8th grade, painted a few flowers, fruits and shadows before the teacher monopolized it and painted the rest (the background of this one is hers). I think it was painful for her to see how much I was butchering her medium. Anyway, I liked how these turned out but I doubt I can paint like this anymore.


watercolor on watercolor paper
spring, 1997
fruits in basket

----
watercolor on watercolor paper
winter, 1997
roses and violets in a round vase

---
In 8th grade, mom shipped us off to an acrylics class taught by some woman at the local ymca equivalent. I decided that I liked the medium, but hated the teacher so I never went again.


acrylic on canvas
spring, 1997
sunflowers in a vase with apples on the side

1 comment:

steph said...

i can't believe you did these 10 years ago!

they're beautiful. = )